Weekly, this blog sees the publication of a Week In Review editorial as a general summation of what I watched, read, played, or otherwise experienced in terms of entertainment. So, it only makes sense that the end of every month shall be met with a Month In Review post to take the best of the best of this last month, and rank it out (including this last week’s entertainment).
I’ve ranked them by medium, capping the lists off at 10 as to not make them too long. Since I’ve been trying to catch up on my gaming backlog, that is the only category so far this year that has 10 entries (aside from songs), and all others hold the number of entries that I thought were great.
- Hollow Knight
- Even if I play a lot more amazing games this year, I don’t think it’s likely that they’ll give me the wholesome experience of Hollow Knight. There’s just so much to love about this game and even though I’ve been stuck for the last 10 hours of gameplay, I still can’t get enough.
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
- Except for this game…this one might give Hollow Knight a run for it’s money. I’ve only played it once so I have a ways to go until I decide which I prefer but I’m not taking The New Colossus out of the conversation just yet.
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
- Little Nightmares
- Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Gone Home
- What Remains of Edith Finch
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- I’ve seen this film three times at this point and still have a lot of interest to revisit it. The comedy, action, drama, and story were truly all top-notch and I’m not sure any comicbook movie besides Avengers: Endgame can dethrone it as the best one I’ll watch in 2019.
- Mid 90’s
- The Masque of the Red Death
- I haven’t made much headway on my reading backlog in these first 30 days of 2019. But, I’m sure that this will still be on my Top 10 list. Until I read 11 things.
- Community Season 2
- Between seasons 2 and 3 of Community, Dan Harmon gifted us some of the best television I’ve seen. The tongue-in-cheek nature of this oddball sit-com is too magical to pass up, and leads to some of the funniest moments on TV. If you’ve got Hulu, do yourself a favor.
- Community Season 1
- Invisible Prisons by Zeal & Justin Furstenfeld
- I found this song on my Discover Weekly this past week and haven’t been able to stop listening to it. That chorus and the overall aesthetic are quite mesmerizing, and catchy as can be. I highly recommend giving this a listen.
- Back to Life by Tilian & Jonny Craig
- Devil Like Me by Rainbow Kitten Surprise
- In the Dark by Bring Me The Horizon
- Flower by Vanna
- This Life by The New Age
- Hollow by Favorite Weapon
- Rail Breaker by Riot Ten
- Low by Wage War
- Blame It On Me by Post Malone
All in all, not a bad January. I’m hoping to watch more movies/shows and read some more stories since I’ve made such great progress with my game library; maybe those will give me some unique post ideas for a Discussion or Top 5 Friday. If you have any recommendations, I’m always open to new ideas.
Anyways, thanks for reading and I’ll see you soon!